OSF Saint Francis Medical Center
Modified Education - Employment Program (MEEP)
Deadline Extended: October 31, 2013
Available to Current Students Only
The OSF Saint Francis Medical Center MEEP (Modified Education Employment Program) is designed to provide educational assistance to selected qualified nursing students who are enrolled full-time at Saint Francis Medical Center College of Nursing (SFMC-CON) and are willing to commit to employment at OSF Saint Francis Medical Center (OSF SFMC) following graduation. MEEP is a “forgivable loan” repaid by fulfilling the employment time commitment or by monetarily repaying the loan. OSF SFMC will underwrite educational expenses of $4,000 for each eligible semester awarded (For a maximum of three semesters totaling $12,000). The number of students awarded each semester is determined by the Administrator/CEO of OSF SFMC in consultation with the President of SFMC-CON.
Criteria for Selection:
- Be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student at SFMC - CON (student may not already be a licensed RN)
- 3.0 minimum cumulative SFMC-CON grade point average (GPA) to be considered
- Be a citizen of the United States or qualify for permanent residency according to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, a Department of Homeland Security.
- Be willing to fulfill employment commitment to OSF Saint Francis Medical Center following graduation.
- Participate in an interview with representatives from SFMC-CON and/or OSF SFMC Human Resources.
- Submit completed application online application and essay by deadline.
- Once you begin the application, you cannot save and come back to it so please have the following ready:
- Names of 2 Faculty and 2 Employer (or volunteer if no employer) references.
- Your completed essay (no more than 400 words) in a word file that you can copy and paste onto the application. Highlight: your nursing career goals, commitment to employment at OSF SFMC,leadership or extracurricular activities, clear and specific statement of financial need, and any special circumstances you feel should be considered.
- Forward reference forms electronically to employers and faculty. Once you submit your application on line, you will receive an email with the forms & instructions.
- The applicant will be contacted to participate in an interview.
- Recipient selection will be finalized when final semester grades are available.
- The notification of acceptance/non-acceptance into the program will be made directly to the applicant by Saint Francis Medical Center College of Nursing.
- Applicants selected for the program will be offered a legally binding promissory note to sign or must promptly decline the offer.
- The applicant may withdraw their application from consideration or if awarded, decline the MEEP offer by providing written notification to the SFMC-CON Student Finance Office.
fax (309) 655-3962