Bachelor of Science in Nursing
RN to BSN Accelerated Pathway
This curriculum is phasing out over a 2 year period beginning Fall 2014. All incoming students will utilize the revised curriculum.
Accelerated Option for RN Students
Graduates of state-approved diploma or associate degree nursing programs may receive 33 semester hours of credit in the nursing major without examination upon satisfactory completion of the specified courses according to College policy. Registered nurses, five years or more after graduation from a state-approved program, may receive credit without examination based on an individual assessment.
Academic advisement is available at the College to assist the student with a plan for advanced placement, transfer of credit and completion of requirements.
- Completion of 59 semester hours of pre-nursing curriculum with a cumulative grade-point average (GPA) of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Graduation from a state-approved diploma or associate degree nursing program.
- Licensed as a RN in the State of Illinois.
- Satisfactory score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) for international student applicants.
- Completion of 30 semester hours of required courses which must include a minimum of 8 semester hours of the required science courses.
- Submit completed Application Form with the nonrefundable $50 application fee.
- Submit copy of official high school transcript or GED report, school of nursing and all college transcripts.
- Submit a copy of current RN license.
A total of 59 semester hours of Liberal Arts and Science course work is required in the following areas:
Physical & Life Science
Social & Behavioral Sciences
|Mathematics (Intro to Statistics)
General Education Credits
|Total Semester Hours
|Nursing Course||Semester Hours|
|317 Concepts of Professional Nursing||3|
|310 Health Assessment||3|
|304 Nursing and Healthcare Ethics||3|
|318 Research for Nursing Practice||3|
|425 Nursing Care of Clients in the Community Promoting Healthy Communities*||5|
|429 Experience in Clinical Nursing*||8|
|434 Concepts in Nursing Management||3|
|436 Trends and Issues for professional Nursing||3|
|Total Semester Hours
*Courses available for credit through portfolio review. Contact the College for specific information on portfolio completion.
Upon formal acceptance to the College and satisfactory completion of 310, 317, and 425, the registered nurse will be granted credit for the following College of Nursing courses.
|314 Pharmacologic Basis for Nursing Practice||3|
|324 Concepts Basis of Nursing I Theory
|325 Concepts Basis of Nursing I Clinical||2|
|330 Concepts Basis of Nursing II Theory
|331 Concepts Basis of Nursing II Clinical
|426 Concepts Basis of Nursing III Theory
|427 Concepts Basis of Nursing III Clinical||5|